REFLECTOR: Discussion Topics for Velocity Builders Symposium

Milton Mersky miltonm at airmail.net
Thu May 4 18:25:59 CDT 2006


Greg:
 
Every one of your suggestions will be addressed.
 
Milt
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Greg Poole
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 5:57 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Discussion Topics for Velocity Builders
Symposium
 
Dear Phil & Milt,
 
Realise how busy you two have been organising this event (- thanks!) but
you asked for feedback;
 
...having viewed the busy program I'd like to request some additional
indication of topic coverage -  particularly where the same speaker is
listed with the same topic heading on separate slots in the program .eg:
Sam Anderson has 3 slots all titled Velocity Ground School. Now if these
are repeats, or if greater topic coverage is indicated, then I could
likely more easily work out which session to attend given attendance
conflicts I have with these sessions and single session presentations.
Other speakers with 2 sessions with same/similar session headings are
Dave Bertram on his V8 and Scott Baker on RG Systems (I & II).
 
Another suggestion to assist those attending to organise which sessions
to attend would be for each speaker to give a precise 2 minute summary
of what they will cover & how they will present the info at the end of
the welcome session, after lunch /coffee break on both days , i.e.:
prior to breaking for concurrent sessions.
 
For another worthwhile topic suggestion..I personally know very little
(read; "virtually nothing") about glass cockpit
models/designs/advantages and disadvantages of different models on the
market (light readability/built in redundancy/use/convenience etc). I
read discussions on same & custom setups by some of the more solid state
aware members (geeks?) of this list, but am left feeling if I'm dealing
with a foreign language! Can I suggest a "catch up session" for us
"glass cockpit challenged members" (surely I'm not the only dumbo?) on
this list. Perhaps people can bring examples of what Rocky or Blue
Mountains/Dynon gear is all about or we could do an organised stroll
along the assembled aircraft, view the gear in operation in the aircraft
and compare?
 
Given the all too rare opportunity of having many Velocity aircraft in
the one spot, is it possible can we assemble them in lines by model and
have each builder give a timed (..if you'll excuse me; - so that nobody
"rabbits on" too long to the detriment of others) summary of their
plane, it's performance, problems, unique modifications etc?  I think
that would be absolutely fantastic and would prove popular to attendees
to hear what our fellow builders have to say..besides.I want to miss -
nothing!! It would also mean the same aircraft owner might avoid being
asked the same questions 90 times.  An alternate and/or parallel
arrangement might be to have a spec. sheet/board for each aircraft.
Sorry about the long email but in travelling so far I've got a vested
interest in seeking to ensure most mileage is obtained from this all too
rare & short event.
Thanks for asking!
Greg in Sydney.
 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060504/d13a818f/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list