REFLECTOR: Vacuum Pump
Rich Guerra
rich at rguerra.com
Thu May 4 11:17:24 CDT 2006
Mike,
I was thinking the exact same thing when my pump went belly up just this week.
(about 250 hours on a Tempest 215CC) I wasn't sure if the piston pump would
clear the engine mount and the Rose EI pickup below the mounting pad. Are you
in an XL? I was most worried about the engine mount since the new style pump
sticks out a little further than the old tempest (not to mention upwards a lot
more)and would maybe bring it closer to the strut. I would be VERY interested
in your experiences as I really dislike the vacuum pumps and if you have to
have one at all, the piston pump seems to be the way to go.
Do you know of any real world experience since their introduction? I haven't
been able to find much on the web other than brochures and an occassional
reference in a mailing list for other planes stating people were thinking of
installing.
Rich Guerra
Velocity XL RG N724X
> 286 Hours.
>
> I decided to purchase the new Sigma-Tek piston
> type pump. It is guaranteed for 5 years or 2000 hrs, kinda
> pricey at $650.00.
>
> I'm in the process of installing dual GRT EFIS and EIS-6000,
> but still will have backup vacuum DG, AI etc.
>
> Mike W.
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list