REFLECTOR: Marking Requirements
Hiroo Umeno
humeno at microsoft.com
Tue May 2 11:17:13 CDT 2006
I am not sure if you are talking about glass in general or something
specific you have but...
On my glass (EFIS-2000), the airspeed limits are marked by colored tape
on the speed ladder (using the same symbology as the analog counterpart
but in linear fashion) and the engine limits are shown as colored arc.
They can be adjusted through software for the particular aircraft.
I would guess that just about every aircraft has one.
In the past, when I needed to demonstrate the functionality, I pulled a
bit of vacuum on the static port and made the instruments think that it
is flying to get the airspeed and altitude ladders to move.
Hiroo
________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Craig and/or Denise Woolston
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:29 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Marking Requirements
We are going through the marking requirements in the FAR (oil pressure,
tach, Vne, etc) and wanted to know if any one was having problems with
the inspectors on the Glass Cockpit instruments. The limits will be
programmed but they are not on the panel. Plus how do you show the
inspector they are there? Show him the programmed limits?
Also, where and how are most people attaching their data plate?
Craig
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060502/161978aa/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list