REFLECTOR: Tire wear

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 13 09:15:43 CST 2006


They had been up on jacks.  Normally they are more vertical.  My tires wear 
on the outside - pilot side is the worst.  At the 2004 annual, I rotated 
them, but not soon enough.  They had 120 hours/177 landings on them at that 
time.  I installed new tires at 215 hours/377 landings.  I could have gotten 
maybe another 50 hours by watching tread wear and adjusting toe in more 
often.

As I mentioned a while back, if you are just now building your strakes or 
wheel fairings, build them larger to accommodate the Goodyear or retreaded 
tires.  You will get lots more wear for the buck with either of these tires.

See http://www.members.aol.com/jamesl1013/tires/retreads.html   Aviation 
consumer backs up their claims.

Ronnie


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aluminum Tubing for Brakes


> Ronnie,
> I notice that your tires wear on the inside.  Mine do also.  I figured it 
> was because
> mine don't have that much camber, but yours look like they have a lot of 
> camber, or
> was it up on jacks when the picture was taken? I have remounted my tires 
> in reverse to
> even out the wear.
>
> John
>
> Ron Brown wrote:
>
>> Here's a picture.  The nylon conduit stops about 8" short of the caliper.
>> Then aluminum tubing runs down to the caliper to minimize heat transfer 
>> to
>> the nyloflow from hot brakes.
>>
>> Ronnie
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list