REFLECTOR: Canard UNI lay-ups

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 12 16:25:16 CST 2006


Anyone that has built their XL canard,

I am ready to do the C & D UNI lay-ups on my canard. I understand what the manual is saying for the 16" X 184" and the 22" X 184" layers of paragraph 3.3.4 of page 3-12 for the XLG chapter. My problem is that I don't understand the second to last paragraph on the same page.

"The paragraph reads" Cut 2 layers of UNI 8" X 138" and 2 layers of UNI 6" X 96". They are both centered over the spar and centered lengthwise on the canard on both top and bottom. Make slits for the lift tabs.

I understand the locations for both top and bottom of the spar centered over the spar and centered lengthwise.

What I don't understand is it saying that I am to have 4 layers (2ea. 8" X 138" + 2ea. 6" X 96") total centered on the spar for both the top and the bottom for a total of 8 layers, 4 on top and 4 on bottom? 

Or should I only have 2 layers (1ea. 8" X 138" + 1ea. 6" X 96") centered on the spar for both top and bottom for a total of 4 layers, 2 on top and 2 on bottom? ?

I would call the factory for clarification, but of course it is Sunday and no one would be there.

Andy Ellzey
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060312/58aaf24d/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list