REFLECTOR: New vs. Old Operating Limitations

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 8 16:43:18 CST 2006


I had an EAA meeting at my hangar years ago while I was still glassing away. 
The FAA guy that showed up brought a handful of papers showing the new vs old 
Operating Limitation requirements. He also brought a form to be used to 
request a changeover from the old to the new. 

As with anything, the lawyers (aka insurance companies) can really pick apart 
poorly worded documents, so you must make sure you follow what is written, or 
have it written so that you know what is required of you. 


Simply put... The old way required FAA notification/approval of "major 
modifications". 
                    The new way should not (as long as it is written 
correctly). 

Believe me, I know how poorly the FAA can word some things. So... educate 
yourself first, so that you really know what will be required. 

Kurt Winker
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060308/ed50ca9c/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list