REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite Prop & Thank you

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:06:15 CST 2006


Hi,
Aerocomposite emailed me yesterday that the prop is ready to ship.  I'll
keep y'all advised.  Also I want to say I am thankful for being a fly on
the wall as these OL discussion points are aired.  It makes this forum
such a great info source for guys like me.   Thanks Mack, Dave, Andy M,
Andy E, Scott, et all.
Thank you,
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Dent
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:12 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: MT prop AD


I do recommend it.  I don't make it mandatory when I do condition
inspections, but I do encourage it.  Of course on certified aircraft the
owner must comply with it to be considered airworthy.  If the
experimental aircraft is carrying a certified engine and the owner does
not comply with an AD then the engine is no longer in the manufactured
certified category and now is considered experimental.  If this being
the case then technically the FAA must be notified that the plane no
longer has a certified engine and it is considered experimental.  Ya
sure, I'm going to get a lot of flack here. 
Yes they should be done but I have seen some that are so out of order
that I have given the FAA a bit of my mind on some of them.  Like the
copper floats in carbs  when we were told to install them 20 year
before.  Of course instead of just saying to stop using auto fuel in
their engines or fuel additives, that eat up foam floats.   Money talks
once again.  Who says that the FAA don't get lobbied.  Like the one that
will come out on the Lycoming cranks they want to retire.  Seeing that
there are some cranks still serviceable since WWII.  You would think
they would learn how to make them by now.  
I hope I haven't started a fire storm here. I've been trying to put this
fire out for over 45 years now.  
 

----- Original Message ----- 
From: MMurp16900 at aol.com 
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: MT prop AD


Hi Dave
subject A/D
Do you agree with me that ADS should be complied with on the certified
products installed on a home built aircraft?
Mack A&P IA



  _____  




_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060308/de722670/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list