REFLECTOR: Seat mod for use with YOKES

jbujanda at dslextreme.com jbujanda at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 6 16:40:55 CST 2006


I agree Wayne.  I do not mind the angle of the seat pan to the floor but I
look for about 95 degrees seat pan-seat back angle.  I am 5'8" (not tall)
but will not grind stops, determine final angle, or install seat hard
points until seats are finished and necessary measurements are done. 
Since Chris has already upholstered the seats, this is just an idea to
decrease the seat's angle but as I said, headroom is another problem.  I
believe this will not be critical in my case.
Regards,
Jorge




Wayne
> If you sit bolt upright look carefully at the headroom.
> Wayne
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <jbujanda at dslextreme.com>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 10:37 AM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Seat mod for use with YOKES
>
>
>> Chris,
>> With regard to the seat backs, even though I have a center stick, I like
>> to sit straight and don't like the angle between the seat's back and
>> bottom.  I found that by reversing the aluminum topper on the hinges you
>> reduce the angle and bring the seat back forward.  I have not done my
>> seats but if anything, it may end up being too much, in which case I
>> intend to grind the topper and increase the angle as desired.  This
>> worked
>> for all my seat hinges.  It should work for you too.
>> Head clearance is another problem!
>> Regards
>> Jorge
>>
>>
>> Barber Law Firm
>>> BlankOn the standard SE and XL with center stick the seats seem to
>>> recline
>>> at an angle very conducive to use with the center stick being well off
>>> of
>>> the instrument panel.  However, what have folks done, or would y'all
>>> suggest, regarding seat positions when using the yokes?  Now that I
>>> have
>>> one
>>> of my seats back from being covered I am able to better determine my
>>> seat
>>> position relative to the yokes (and throttle too).  I seem to be
>>> reclined
>>> too much (which would be fine for a center stick).  I have considered
>>> cutting the front seat track support down to tilt the seat forward
>>> putting
>>> it closer to the yokes or, perhaps just adding a spacer of some sort on
>>> the
>>> hinge where the seat back meets the seat bottom.  This would keep the
>>> seat
>>> bottom the same and just move the back forward a bit.
>>>
>>> I did a little shimming on the rear seat track brace where it rest on
>>> the
>>> fuselage floor and even though it brought you closer to the yokes, it
>>> also
>>> raised the seat too much, head room is already at a premium (so much so
>>> that
>>> I am PONDERING removing some of the upper door frame to add about an
>>> inch
>>> of
>>> "corner" head room.....I have seen another builder remove part of the
>>> door
>>> frame from the strake cut out to allow more elbow room with reportedly
>>> factory "blessing".  I have already recovered an inch or two in the
>>> center
>>> by having my seats slightly overhang my cut down keel thus giving me a
>>> bit
>>> more butt, shoulder and upper "corner headroom, but it is still tight.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts from the collective will be appreciated.  TIA.
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> Mine, I believe, was the last SUV delivered, the announcement that they
>>> were
>>> discontinued was posted the day after mine was delivered.  I have
>>> converted
>>> it to an SE (the extra door and hardware was less than $500.00) with
>>> yokes.
>>> Funny, the SUV was cheaper with the yokes, now the yokes are a $1200.00
>>> "upgrade" <g>.....go figure.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Christopher Barber
>>>
>>> Attorney and Counselor at Law
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Serving the needs of Senior Texans"
>>>
>>> Barber Law Firm
>>> 10827 Tower Bridge St.
>>>
>>> Houston, Texas 77075-5032
>>> 281-464-LAWS (5297)
>>>
>>>
>>> CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
>>> www.TexasAttorney.net
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit
>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



More information about the Reflector mailing list