REFLECTOR: What would you do - not do?

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 3 10:57:39 CST 2006


I tried that.  It didn't work.  I think I wore out or compromised the nylon 
ball seal inside the valve by allowing high pressure fluid to squeeze by the 
closing port.


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Laurence Coen" <lwcoen at hotmail.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: What would you do - not do?


> Ron,
>
> I had a similar thing happen with the gear bleeding down and fixed it by 
> tightening the packing nut on the valve shaft.  My gear will now stay up 
> for 24 hours without cycling.
>
> Larry Coen
> N136LC
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Ron Brown" <romott at adelphia.net>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 8:38 AM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: What would you do - not do?
>
>
>> Oh, and another one:
>>
>> On RG's: Don't put the emergency gear extension valve on the right side 
>> of the keel.  Too hard to reach from the pilot's seat with the should 
>> belts in place.  The left side would be much easier to reach.
>>
>> I also wore my valve out during construction.  It started leaking 
>> internally not long after first flight.  What I would do is raise the 
>> gear with the pump, then lower it slowly to certain positions so I could 
>> work on the gear. This resulted in the valve leaking through which led to 
>> the pump running about every few seconds when on the ground.  I could 
>> open and close the valve and it would improve the situation but only 
>> temporarily. So, be careful opening/cracking the valve with pressure on 
>> the system.
>>
>> Ronnie
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list