REFLECTOR: Cessna Fubar
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Jun 30 14:19:50 CDT 2006
Ain't that something!?
I'm glad to say thats not me.. Though I've done some stunts that were
close!
Story is this guy makes a dead stick landing on that street, can't
remember why. He gets permission to use the street to take off, but
some ambulance weeniee parks his ambulance right on the street after the
guy gets in to the airplane to take off. Needless to say he doesn't
move over far enough to get by the ambulance..
Scott
Andy Millin wrote:
> OK Scott.
>
> Tell me about the Cessna Takeoff Video in that directory. I gotta know...
>
> Andy
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Scott Derrick
> Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 9:51 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Tow Bar for RG
>
> Here's a different approach for a tow bar.
>
> I use a battery powered tow bar that attaches to the fork, actually hangs
> off the attach points. This adds about 75 lbs to the nose and prevents the
> aircraft from tipping over when moved. I'm in a communal hanger and need
> this so if anybody moves my plane they understand "Do not remove" tow bar.
> Its impossible for the airplane to tip back with the tow bar attached. Its
> also easy to move it around with a powered tow bar.
>
> picture of attach points. Two 3/8 hex head bolts tapped into the upper
> beefy section of the fork.
>
> http://www.tnstaafl.net/canards/fork_attachment.jpg
>
> tow bar connected to fork. You'll notice the nose wheel is reversed so the
> drive wheel of the tow bar can rest on the wheel.
>
> http://www.tnstaafl.net/canards/tow1.jpg
>
> same as above from a bit further back.
>
> http://www.tnstaafl.net/canards/rightside.jpg
>
> I've been using this method for about 450 flight hours, no problems.
>
> Scott
>
>
> Ron Brown wrote:
>
>> I use this tow bar that I made out of 3/4" plywood, cut to fit over
>> the top of the fork with a notch that allows it to past the nose strut.
>>
>> My latest version has the notch on the side (if you're not careful,
>> tow bar can slip up the fork, past the strut and you are amazed that
>> you are laying on your back side!!! - so now the notch is on the
>> side (8>)). The handle is a bent piece of 3/4" galvanized conduit
>> pipe. I use a bungee cord to hold it in place.
>>
>> The tow bar makes it much easier to maneuver the plane around in the
>> hangar.
>>
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> --
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> --
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
--
-
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276
More information about the Reflector
mailing list