REFLECTOR: Soda Blaster

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Sat Jun 24 08:02:54 CDT 2006


Scott,

The CanardZone forums talked about this some, check out
http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net/showthread.php?t=1369&highlight=blasting

Brett

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 9:09 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Soda Blaster


> Sanding the old paint off to repaint my plane.  One wing down, one to go.
>
> Just thinking about crawling around under the fuselage and strakes to
> sand the under side makes me tired!
>
> A couple friends of mine have a body shop near by and they own a soda
> blaster that I can use.  Big ol 185 CFM diesel compressor to run the
> blaster too.
>
> Has anybody done this?  Remove old paint on fiberglass  plane with one
> of these?  Can I use this and not have to re-apply micro? Or should I
> say , can I just remove the top coat and not go very far through the
> primer with out removing the micro with a soda blaster?
>
> Scott
>
> -- 
>
> -
>    The antidote for misuse of freedom of speech is more freedom of speech.
>
>    Molly Ivans
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 




More information about the Reflector mailing list