REFLECTOR: Gross weights
steve korney
s_korney at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 00:31:49 CDT 2006
If you fly over gross weight but within the extended CG limits, you must
avoid heavy "G" loads; make gentle turns, reduce speed in gusty weather and
make good landings . . . and have good luck!
Best... Steve
----Original Message Follows----
From: NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Gross weights
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 01:02:29 EDT
Seemed like a good time to ask this question with all the W&B questions.
I have a 173 FGE. Empty weight is supposed to be between 1250 and 1400 LBS.
With what I have done installing the aluminum 4.3L Chevy, Superfilling all
the
flying & control surfaces,,, etc.... I should come in about 1400LBS.
The thing is, I have 340 HP in a 173 for about the same weight as a 200HP
IO-360.
Where do I put my gross weight? I know Bill Mulrooney put his V8 powered
173RG at 2900lbs with his extra power (and lots of extra weight). I did get
a tad
of advice from a factory rep. I was told to add up the empty weight of my
plane... full fuel... four-200LB people, and 200 LBS of baggage. Then add
100LBS
and use that number. The reasoning was that my plane will haul almost
anything
with the extra HP, and you want to make sure that you are ALWAYS within W&B
on paperwork to satisfy the FAA and insurance toads.
Any input?
Thanks Kurt
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list