REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite prop

Darrell & Nora Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Mon Jul 31 17:38:35 CDT 2006


Terry,

 

This is what I sent to Harry when he asked how long the prop extension
should be.  He asked for the distance from the face of the ring gear to the
aft edge of the cowl.

 

 

Hi Harry,

 

The spinner cone diameter is 14 inches.

The distance from the starter ring gear face to where the aft edge (don't
forget I'm flying backwards) of the cowl will be is 2 inches.  I have not
cut the cowl off yet as I am planning on cutting it to fit the spinner.  The
exact distance is not critical for me and it could be anywhere from 1-1/2
inches to 2-1/2 inches.  But if I have my choice, 2 inches is my preference.

 

Darrell Kufalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Terry Miles
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 4:45 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Aerocomposite prop

 

Hi,

If anyone is or has ordered one of these.  Get with me on the prop hub
extention dimension.  It should be closer to 2.7 inches and not the 3.7
inches that I have.  The spinner on the MT extends more forward 8than the
AIC.  I wound up with a 1 3/8 inch gap between the after edge of the cowl
and the leading edge of the spinner.  

 

Terry

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060731/40b68079/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list