REFLECTOR: Fuel Filter
Gary Stull
gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 27 12:56:34 CDT 2006
I used a Marine fuel filter. Replaceable spin on cartridge with a water
seperator. Works great, the spin on element is comparable to an auto oil
filter. A transparent bowl on the bottom with a drain to remove any water,
although I never found any water.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:30 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel Filter
> I'm replacing the see through AutoZone quality fuel filter on my plane.
> I've always changed the filter element every annual but I just think its
> cheap and risky.
>
> Now I'm going back and forth between a inline with cleanable element to
> a paper cartridge type, like a Fram with a spin on filter.
>
> As far as inlines go ACS has a 10 micron for $120, but Summit has an
> Earl 35 micron for $35, both have lifetime elements. The drag with an
> inline is they are a hassle to get to the element. Undo AN fittings or
> hose clamps, etc... fuel spilling all over..
>
> Do I really need 10 micron protection for a Continental fuel injected
> engine? The 210 I fly that has this engine doesn't even have a real
> filter.. Just a gascolator with a 100 to 200 micron screen.
>
> Scott
>
> --
>
> -
> Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
>
> George Bernard Shaw, Liberty
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list