REFLECTOR: BID Tank Sealing & Fuel Gage
nmflyer1 at aol.com
nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 23 19:55:03 CDT 2006
Dave,
That is what cap strips are :) Yes they work great. You can make very nice ones in the inside "L" of the aluminum "I" beam that comes with the kit. That's what I did and they come out great!
Of course I think you need to build your own wings to get the aluminum "I" beam... and I'm not sure how many people actually build their wings now days.
Kurt
-----Original Message-----
From: Dastaten at earthlink.net
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: BID Tank Sealing & Fuel Gage
I dont know where he got the idea from, but Chris Barber went a step
further than the Jeffco/cabosil mix.. on top of the outer baffles, chris
formulated some thin flanges (fine bid?) that L shaped by making a layup
on the corner of a 2x2 or 2x4. After bonding one side of the L to the
vertical baffle, this provided a one inch wide surface for cabo/jeffco
to be layed onto with an icing bag, and provides for a much better
opportunity to have ZERO leakage when sealing the strake.
Dave
Richard Riley wrote:
> At 01:42 AM 7/23/2006, you wrote:
>
>> Jorge, a professional V builder showed me how to seal my tanks that
>> has worked very well for me for 6 yrs. When my tanks were done, but
>> before I closed them (put on upper strakes), we made a peanut butter
>> mixture of cabo and epoxy, then spread it over the inside tank
>> surfaces. It filled every pinhole and has never leaked. We used a
>> plastic body filler squeegee and applied a very thin layer.
>
>
> I've used Jeffco tank sealant on 4 airplanes the same way you've just
> described. Lancair's use it as standard practice. I like it a lot.
>
> http://128.121.50.220:8090/Jeffco/Systems/viewCustomers_html?key=sp9700-FCR
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>No virus found in this outgoing message.
>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.3/395 - Release Date: 7/21/2006
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
________________________________________________________________________
Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060723/1324fd0e/attachment-0001.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list