REFLECTOR: Fuel Sight Gauges
David Staten
Dastaten at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 23 01:43:17 CDT 2006
A slightly better description of the material.. no offense to Chris.
The "tubing" he is referring to is either 1 1/2" or 2" clear acrylic
tubing/pipe that at one time I considered using to form using heat to
make manifold runners for a custom intake.
Since we have bought the Mistral intake, this material was surplus and
for about 6 feet of each I think I was out maybe 40-50 bux. This
material is about the thickness of PVC pipe, but again, is clear acrylic.
By cutting it either in half, or tangentially but large enough to
envelop the stock fuel gauges, you have provided some armor that is
clear, but protects the stock gauges from luggage, kids and marine
aviators (snicker). I still think Chris outta put a contrasting pellet
inside the actual tube itself to serve as a floating fuel level
indicator, since we will NOT typically be using fuel with a blue dye
added to it.
Dave
Barber Law Firm wrote:
>During the build you can install the Adkins gauges that I think are
>available from Velocity. However, on my project I am surrounding the site
>gage by the clear tubing that I assume you are talking about. I cut about
>3/4 to 1 inch gap down the length of the tube and it fits around the fuel
>site well. You may be able to cut the tube in half and it still fit....I
>have not tried that yet. I am still not sure how I will attach it as I do
>not wish so screw into the fuel strake. Howe ever, I may be able to just
>"glue" it in with ATV sealant and hide the glue under the trim.
>
>I worked on my two days ago and it seems a nice way to protect the line.
>Also, It should be easy to rig a LED light into it to better see the
>quantity. I think others have placed a small bead to float on top of the
>fuel to better see the fuel line.
>
>Oh well, I don't usual have a Saturday off and I do today....so I am off to
>the hangar to work on the plane. whoopee.
>
>All the best,
>
>Chris
>
>Christopher Barber
>Attorney and Counselor at Law
>
>"Serving the needs of Senior Texans"
>
>Barber Law Firm
>10827 Tower Bridge St.
>Houston, Texas 77075-5032
>281-464-LAWS (5297)
>
>
>CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
>www.TexasAttorney.net <http://www.texasattorney.net/>
>
>Texas <http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
>Behalf Of Jorge Bujanda
>Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 11:46 AM
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel Sight Gauges
>
>
> I am not that comfortable with the fuel sight gauges that come with
>the kit. Has anyone experimented with, or know of, a "better sounding"
>setup. ASS catalog offers clear PVC tubing and states that is used in
>Quickies (attached). Is anyone familiar with this setup, fittings to
>use, or share a different approach?
>Thanks
>Regards,
>
>Jorge Bujanda
>Palmdale, CA
>XL FG
>http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list