REFLECTOR: Coarse/Fine BID

Jorge Bujanda jbujanda at dslextreme.com
Sat Jul 22 09:13:57 CDT 2006


The manual calls for fine BID to reinforce the vertical and horizontal 
seams of bulkheads and baffles (Fig. 9-16. Fuel baffle and bulkhead 
location.).  Although up until now I have used coarse BID almost 
exclusively, I ran out of fine BID glassing the Divinicel for the fuel 
tanks and I am about to start glassing the baffles and bulkheads.
1.  Can coarse and fine BID be used interchangeably?
2.  Can I use coarse BID to reinforce the horizontal and vertical seams 
of bulkheads and baffles without increasing the risk of leaks?  Seems to 
me like the fine BID would seal better due to a tighter weave.  Am I 
wrong?
4.  Is there a difference in weight between the two?
Comments would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jorge Bujanda
Palmdale, CA
XL FG
Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/







More information about the Reflector mailing list