REFLECTOR: HYDRAULIC PUMP

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 18 14:33:55 CDT 2006


Thanks for the tip from me too Larry.  Mine cycles occasionally and may
stop if I tighten that nut.

Rene'

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Laurence Coen
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 9:56 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: HYDRAULIC PUMP

 

I'm talking about the emergency gear down handle.  The dump valve shaft
passes through a hex fitting much like you find on a sink faucet.  I
tightened it about 1/4 turn and now my gear will stay up for 24 hours
without cycling.

 

Larry Coen

----- Original Message ----- 

From: Tom Martino <mailto:tmartino at troubleshooter.com>  

To: Velocity Aircraft <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>  Owners and Builders
list 

Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 9:24 PM

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: HYDRAULIC PUMP

 

Could you elaborate?  I am not sure what you are calling the "handle" .
and what a packing gland is . sorry. 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Laurence Coen
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 5:43 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: HYDRAULIC PUMP

 

Tom,

 

There is a packing gland nut hiding under the handle.  Try giving it a
1/4 turn before replacing the whole works.  It solved my problem.

 

Larry Coen

N136LC

SE/RG Franklin/IVO

----- Original Message ----- 

From: Tom Martino <mailto:tmartino at troubleshooter.com>  

To: reflector at tvbf.org 

Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 3:14 PM

Subject: REFLECTOR: HYDRAULIC PUMP

 

BACKGROUND:  This query comes as a result of my hydraulic pump turning
on and off quickly when gear was retracted.  A gear retraction test
revealed that the system is not holding pressure. 

QUESTION:  Can anyone tell me the actual Manufacturer, model and part
number for our Hydraulic Pumps? (I realize I can get them from Velocity,
but I am curious about some other things and would like to contact the
manufacturer.)

Also . I am told there are "rebuild" kits for them.  I know the rebuild
kit includes "o" rings . but they are for keeping the fluid from leaking
to the outside world.  

My pump (and plumbing) had absolutely NO LEAKS - anywhere.

The only conclusion I could make is that the pressure was "bleeding off"
from the high side to the low side and the only parts in the pump that
maintain internal pressure are the "spring loaded metal-seated cone
check-valves" (one on each side).

Do the rebuild kits include new springs and cones?

Also . has anyone ever had the "dump valve" leak internally from high to
low side?  Without showing any wear or exterior leaking?  A local
hydraulic shop tells me they hardly ever see those simple quarter-turn
vales go bad.

Any help on any of this would be great!

Tom


  _____  


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


  _____  


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060718/15eaa719/attachment.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 2743 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060718/15eaa719/attachment-0001.jpe 


More information about the Reflector mailing list