REFLECTOR: Brake Fitting
Keith Hallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Mon Jul 17 22:08:36 CDT 2006
I bought some metric banjo bolts for the purpose. Then I ordered the toe
brake kit, so that stuff is now "surplus". If you want the banjo bolts or a
couple of the original clutch master cylinders, they're yours. As I recall,
you need to procure some copper crush washers to seal the banjo bolts.
Keith Hallsten, XLFG
Roseville, CA
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Craig and/or Denise Woolston
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 6:07 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Brake Fitting
I know this has long since been a debate, but what is the general consensus
of the thread type in the brake master cylinders we get from Velocity? And
what have people generally used to seal the threads if anything at all?
Now for confession. I thought I had mine measured and procured from a local
hydraulics shop, have installed it with both liquid Teflon and now with
Aviation Form-A-Gasket and I still can't get it sealed. At this point any
suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks,
Craig
XL-5FG, Palmdale,CA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060717/beb5a15d/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list