REFLECTOR: Value

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Jul 16 16:19:38 CDT 2006


Al,

With reasonable equipment I would say between $125k and $150k, the higher
number would be with great paint, EFIS/ONE and either the IO-390-X or the
XP-400 which will give you a cruise closer to 190kts at 75% power.

Richard



That's what I estimated also.  I understand that the market for a
'homebuilt' would be significantly less; but 1/4 -1/3 of the price of a
certified just seems a bit out of line.  Too bad.  Maybe it can make us
appreciate more what we have.

 

Al (First flight delayed again - ECU experiencing 'spontaneous corruption'
of mixture data)

 

 

I happened to peruse performance and cost of few new certified single-engine
airplanes in Flying magazine.

Trying to get things on a comparable basis, I came up with these approximate
numbers.

 


 

Payload (full fuel)

Payload (half fuel)

Cruise sp ~8000 (kts)

Fuel burn

Price ($)


Diamond Twin

661

883

160

14

470,000


Mooney Acclaim

474

775

180

18

495,000


Columbia 400

475

 

185

20.5

575,000


Velocity SE RG

650

830

180

12

   ??????

 

What is the most that a nice, flying SE RG has sold for?  

 

Al






  _____  



 
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
 
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





 





  _____  



 
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
 
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
 





  _____  



 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.1/389 - Release Date: 7/14/2006
  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060716/c591d07a/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list