REFLECTOR: Oil cooler air flow

michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Jul 14 10:56:53 CDT 2006


For what it's worth, last night I logged some data using my new system 
sensors.  I only cranked the engine, but should have a second engine 
start this Sunday to see how the engine monitor and backup systems are 
functioning.

I have sensors all over the place.  This is on a Franklin, and the 
engine was cold.
oil pressure after oil filter:49
oil pressure main gallery:74

This weekend, I don't know if I'll run long enough to heat up the oil, 
but I'm certainly going to be logging data.

I also have a oil flow sensor inline.  When I bought it off of Ebay, I 
thought it was inductive, but it's RF.  I have not built the board to 
pick up this signal.
Does anyone know of a cheap RF pickup board for turbine flow meters?
I'm talking less than $100 here.  I can make one for $10 or so, but then 
I have to troubleshoot it.

I guess my point to this is that your oil filter may be a restriction 
you may not have considered.

MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com wrote:
> Larry,
> 
> Can you post a picture showing position and angle of the VG's.
> 
> The reason I ask, is that I tried that and it resulted is setting up
> a slight flutter of my canard at cruise. Removed the VG's, the
> flutter went away.
> 
> Mike W.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list