REFLECTOR: FW: Fwd: Re: FW: Deltahawk
Alex Balic
alex157 at pwhome.com
Tue Jul 11 22:48:51 CDT 2006
-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Balic [mailto:alex157 at pwhome.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:53 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Fwd: Re: FW: Deltahawk
Dear Fellow Builders,
I have had some dealings with Delta Hawk on behalf of another builder- They
were not able to get his engine to him on time, and they were man enough to
return his deposit-in. I am a business owner myself, and an engineer, and
I can imagine quite clearly the struggles that Deltahawk is going through to
get this engine airworthy for the betterment of Experimental aviation,
general aviation and hopefully, eventually, themselves. I applaud JP for
the immense time, effort, and money that he has poured into this project.
Building a dependable aircraft engine (or any engine) from scratch is a
monumental undertaking that I doubt many are able to grasp. If there is any
fault with the Deltahawk company, it lies only in the delivery promises that
it has made, dates that have unfortunately passed without actual delivery.
I believe that if they had just told everyone that they were still 24 months
out, there would not be such an uproar- I had to deal with this myself- with
them, and I understand that it can be extremely frustrating, especially when
you have a very expensive aircraft sitting without a power plant to get it
airborne. I know that they were a bit overly optimistic in getting the
engines shipped, but I do not believe that there was any deception being
carried out- and when they are ready to fly, they will be a great engine-
they just need to be honest with the investors and customers about where
they are in their progress, and avoid the "next month" stuff that was going
on.
I believe that they will eventually triumph and have a viable, fuel
efficient alternative to the air cooled technology that almost everyone is
flying behind now. Anyone who has owned their own business and has tried to
raise venture capitol will appreciate what Delta Hawk is doing.
I think that the rest of us need to show the man some appreciation for what
he is trying to accomplish.
Just my 2 cents, no flaming harpoons please.....
Alex
More information about the Reflector
mailing list