REFLECTOR: Dual throttles

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Jul 6 19:20:01 CDT 2006


I was wondering about the drag too.  I have received two new cables and 
the pressure required to push or pull one of them is considerable. 

Maybe I can oil them up to make them slide easier?

Scott

Brett Ferrell wrote:
> Scott,
>
> I've run the cables together down the pilot side duct and connected them 
> both at the throttle servo.  The copilot cable crosses under the canard and 
> joins the standard run, and I ordered the cable from Velocity.  They mount 
> in the standard way, with one on either side of the servo arm supported by 
> the factory bracket.  While this works, I get a lot of drag on the throttle 
> when they're both attached, so I'm looking at other options, so I'll be 
> interested to hear what other folks have done.
>
> Brett
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:20 AM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Dual throttles
>
>
>   
>> I'm installing dual throttle cables and would like some advice on how to
>> connect them at the servo?
>>
>> How have other's accomplished this?
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> -
>>    The true barriers of our liberty in this country are our state 
>> governments...
>>
>>    Thomas Jefferson
>>     
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>   

-- 

-
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

    Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276 



More information about the Reflector mailing list