REFLECTOR: aircraft engines

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Jul 4 08:56:09 CDT 2006


Yeah, Yeah thats it fer sure....

Checks in the mail!!  ;-)

Scott

Chuck Jensen wrote:
> Scott,
>
> You obviously need an Affordable Turbine Power (ATP) unit.  Please send
> the deposit to me and I will hold it until the unit is ready to deliver
> :-).
>
> Chuck Jensen
> Do Not Archive
>  
>
>   
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]
>>     
> On
>   
>> Behalf Of Scott Derrick
>> Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 11:27 PM
>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: aircraft engines
>>
>> still waiting for the $10,000, 300HP,  turbine, that uses 10GPH!!!
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> Douglas Holub wrote:
>>     
>>> I'm not an engine guy at all. That's one reason the Deltahawk
>>>       
> appealed
>   
>>> to me-- the factory test platform was a Velocity, so I wouldn't have
>>> to engineer the firewall forward stuff.  30% improved fuel economy,
>>> half the moving parts, no ignition system, good torque at low rpms,
>>> smaller size, all motivated me to go with the Deltahawk diesel. But
>>>       
> 5
>   
>>> years ago the price for the non-intercooled version was $18,000.
>>>       
> Today
>   
>>> the 200 hp version is $32,500. And you lose the size advantage when
>>> you add two or three radiators. So I've been considering other
>>>       
> options.
>   
>>> Lycoming-type engines have improved a lot in the past 5 years.
>>> Dynamically balanced parts, improved lubrication, optimized air
>>> induction, and solid state ignition. And there's some healthy
>>> competition in the experimental Lycoming look-alike market. That
>>>       
> Titan
>   
>>> IOX-340 is rated 185 hp continuous, and has the size and weight and
>>> fuel economy of an IO-320.
>>>
>>> I'm probably still a year away from installing an engine, so I'll
>>>       
> wait
>   
>>> and see what's available next summer. I'm just glad I didn't get rid
>>> of my Lycoming engine mount yet.
>>>
>>> Doug Holub
>>> Standard top-door w/ electric nose lift, 50% done
>>>
>>>       
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>   
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit
>>>       
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>     
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives:
>>>       
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>   
>> --
>>
>> -
>>     Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
>>
>>     George Bernard Shaw, Liberty
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:
>>     
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>   

-- 

-
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law," because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

    Thomas Jefferson 



More information about the Reflector mailing list