REFLECTOR: Status

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Jul 1 11:36:14 CDT 2006


Ready to fly yet Al? - Taxi testing still going ok?  Brakes working any
better?

 

Finally got acceptable insurance quote this past week.  Now can't get a hold
of the test pilot to schedule first flight.  Presumably soon.

 

The plane has been just sitting and waiting while I vacationed and did other
things.  Did some taxi a couple of days ago and made a 5 or 6 firm
application of the brakes from about 25 -30 mph.  The last one I pressed the
hardest and was surprised with a very brief locking of the wheels.  I'd say
they are working just fine.

 

Photos are on the runway at about 60-65 KIAS, and post-test review.
Coolant and oil temps were stable during taxi at just under 200F - started
taxi at about 190 after long wait to get cleared onto the runway - so I
think cooling will be fine when airborne.

 

Happy 4th!

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060701/5e0ffa0e/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list