REFLECTOR: Elevator Trim Spring

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Jan 29 17:51:59 CST 2006


I've had the same problem.  In my Std RG. I've added various sized 
spacer blocks and I got it so I could cruise with just me in the front 
and maintain a 90 knot ILS, hands off. But faster than cruise, like a 
cruise power descent requires me to push on the stick.  I usually let 
George do that for me.

With my new engine and the anticipated increase in speed, I have ordered 
a Strong Pitch Trim. I'd also like to free up the space on the canard 
where the stock trim system mounts.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res80xp0/strongvelocitypitchtrim/

Scott


John Dibble wrote:
> Flying solo, I run out of down trim at 155 IAS.  On the other hand I
> have plenty of up trim for TOL.  Can I make a wedge shim where the
> spring attaches to the elevator tube to shift the adjustment range to
> more down and less up, or do I simply have to add more glass to the
> spring to make it stiffer?
>
> John
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>   


More information about the Reflector mailing list