REFLECTOR: ELT
Hiroo Umeno
humeno at microsoft.com
Sun Jan 29 11:33:19 CST 2006
Isn't the reason behind 243KHz due to the fact it is half the wavelength
of 121.5? COM antenna that is effective at 121.5 should reasonably be
effective at 243.
Perhaps I am wrong on that assumption.
Hiroo
________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:11 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: ELT
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: ELT
Hi AL
My Velocity wings have an com antenna molded in each winglet .We used
the spare antenna and mounted the ELT under the right front seat.With my
ELT it is possible plug in a mic and transmit on 121.5.If you do not
have a spare antenna you might use what is called a splitter.
Mack
That's an interesting idea. I have one com connected to each antenna,
and a splitter would degrade the signal strength a bit. But I have two
unused VOR antennas; one that I installed in the top of the fuselage,
and one in the wing. (I have one VOR using an antenna in the other
wing.) The VOR frequency range, 108 to 118, is a bit low, but I wonder
how that would work for the ELT. Probably neither the VOR or com
antenna would be very effective for the 243 kHz frequency.
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060129/ab9aec09/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list