REFLECTOR: ELT
Robin Ream
robinream at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 23 17:51:19 CST 2006
Hi Al,
Don't you have a metallic fire protection sheet on your firewall about that size? Maybe that could work?
Robin
_____________________
----- Original Message -----
From: Al Gietzen
To: reflector
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 5:42 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: ELT
During construction of my plane I never gave much thought to the ELT installation; thinking that I would eventually mount it somewhere behind the vanity bulkhead. No wires to pull - no big deal.
I bought an Ameri-King AK450 a few months ago, and put it aside. I opened it today to do the installation. It has a Remote Unit that should be mounted in the panel, and a cable that goes to the transmitter unit. Oops; I should have dealt with this long ago before my panel was nicely painted and completed, and the wire bundles were covered by the nice upholstery panels. And it needs to be installed in a specific orientation on major structure. Hum-m-m; those places are pretty well used up.
One big concern - the instructions say that the antenna (if mounted in a non-metallic airplane) needs a ground plane that is a minimum of 36" in diameter! How can that be achieved?
I'm sure once I get over "Installation Shock" I can deal with this, but suggestions will be appreciated.
I understand this can be put off until after completion of the 40 hour test program, but it probably won't be any easier then.
Thanks,
Al
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060123/5b6bc13d/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list