REFLECTOR: Re: Brakes

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Jan 14 18:22:17 CST 2006


Cool!!! 

Wish I was close to engine start... 

I've decided to do dual throttles, you??

I just started a part time job flying a T210 for a local drilling 
company,  between 1 and 3 flights a week. 2 to 4 hours round trip.. 
Short round trip hops from Grants to West Texas, Arizona, Utah, 
Colorado, and of course all over NM.  Great way to stay current in a 
well maintained high performance airplane. What area do you work in and 
where is it?  I'll give ya a call in the air...

Scott

nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:

> Thanks Scott,
>  
> Well in that case, I think I am in. I'll double check with Matco on 
> Monday.  If all is the same, I'll pull the brakes and send them inthis 
> week. I'll let you know.
>  
>  I'll be spending most of the week finishing up the wiring on the 
> panel and engine monitor anyway.
> Then I'll be working on the brackets for the throttle and mixture 
> cables. Once that is done, about a week to double check things then it 
> is engine start time!!!!!!
>  
> Kurt Winker
>  
>  
>  
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chuck Jensen <cjensen at dts9000.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:36:10 -0500
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Re: Brakes
>
>Scott,
>
>That sounds like a pretty decent deal.  With the larger piston, it
>should have a marked increase in clamping power.  Add in the new pads
>and you're probably nearly as good as a set of Clevelands, but at about
>$700 less.
>
>Chuck Jensen
>Diversified Technologies
>2680 Westcott Blvd
>Knoxville, TN  37931
>Phn:     865-539-9000 x25
>Cell:     865-406-9001
>Fax:     865-539-9001
>cjensen at dts9000.com <mailto:cjensen%40dts9000.com>
> 
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector-bounces%40tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector-bounces%40tvbf.org>] On
>Behalf Of Scott Derrick
>Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 5:40 PM
>To: Velocity List
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Re: Brakes
>
>Here's what I have..
>
>Mr. Derrick,
>The modification requires you to send your brake calipers to us (the
>entire
>brake assembly) so that we can modify the caliper housing to accept 1.50
>inch diameter pistons.  There are a few components in the brake that
>also
>get changed.  The conversion is just over $100 per caliper.  We can also
>upgrade the linings at the same time for $41.40 for both calipers
>(Normally
>51.75 for the reline kit and we install for no charge).
>
>We do not need the brake plate (the plate attached to the axle that the
>caliper floats on) when you send them back.  We will provide you with a
>Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number if you opt to send them
>back
>for the conversion.
>
>George R. Happ
>MATCO mfg
>801-486-7574    801-486-7581 (F)
>www.matcomfg.com <http://www.matcomfg.com>
>
>NMFlyer1 at aol.com <mailto:NMFlyer1%40aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Scott,
>>  
>> Have you talked with Matco yet? I have not. I was wondering if you 
>> have any additional info on the "upgrade". If so, care to share?  If 
>> not.. Ill send the info your way once I get it.
>>  
>> Thanks,   Kurt
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list