REFLECTOR: What would you do - not do?

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Tue Feb 28 12:06:00 CST 2006


**** DO NOT MOUNT SEAT BOTTOM HARD PIONTS UNTIL YOU ARE FINISHED AND READY
TO SET YOUR SEATS ***

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Brown
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:35 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: What would you do - not do?

Speaking of factory cut lines - the markings on the keel for RG's were way 
off on my kit.

I foolishly cut holes and installed hard points as marked on my keel.  Now 
few of the holes line up with where the bolts need room to be removed. 
Also, I had to relocate the attach point for the bottom of the nose gear 
overcenter gas spring.  I installed it per the markings - the nose gear 
would not fall out during the gravity test.  It would drop about 2-3 inches 
and stop.  After much head scratching, discussions with Mark Machado, some 
body on the Reflector (thanks gang!!!), suggested relocating the attach 
point about rearward - I tried 2 inches and it fixed the problem - but now 
the linkage would not reliably go into the locked position.  Soooo, I moved 
it to a point 1" rearward from the originally marked position.  Works 
perfectly now.  Perhaps this has to do with why some folks have to use a 
cheater stick and hole to get their nose gear to lock in the down position. 
I don't have a cheater stick and I don't have the hole.  Never needed it. 
Hmmmm.

Have fun building!!!!!!!!! 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list