REFLECTOR: Door lock

Steven Oakley steven-oakley at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 11:50:49 CST 2006


Hi.
 
If I was in the same position, getting conflicting information I would
contact the factory, discuss the problem with them and get the official
answer as to what is safe.
 
But to answer the question you have put, with my kit, this door lock
assembly will have a bar protruding out of the door so that when the pilots
door is latched from the inside somebody can open it from the outside in the
event of an emergency. And also to have a key lock for securing the plane
from the outside. The way to do this for my kit is explained in the manual.
 
Steve.

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:15 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door lock


OK, now I'm really lost.  Is there a way that I can have my cake and eat it
too?  Can I have the lift rod for emergencies and be able to lock the door
from outside the plane? 

John 


Ron Brown wrote: 


I modified the left door lock assembly. Originally, it was like your
drawing.  Then I cut off the lift rod, and welded a plate on top to make it
look like the scanned drawing that John sent.  This also requires cutting
off the top part  of the C channel behind where the lift button goes
through. Works nicely. Ronnie

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060223/5648f98e/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list