REFLECTOR: Door lock
Barber Law Firm
CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
Thu Feb 23 01:23:03 CST 2006
Hmmm, I have a manual circa 2002 and I have used the newer online manuals
and what I used and was supplied was the pin sticking out the pilot side.
It always struck me as odd that the co-pilot side had a handle, but no pin
to lift from the outside so as to open the door, thus even though you had a
handle, you could not open the door from the outside. I asked Brandon about
this once and he felt it was just a hold over from before they included the
secondary locking pin (following a door opening in flight, I believe....but
don't know for sure. Seems as if that would be a very bad thing). If
anyone comes across the plans for the mod, or where they are in the online
manuals, I too would appreciate a copy or the link. It may be too much of a
hassle to change, but I would like to see so I can determine if it would be.
Thanks.
All the best,
Chris
Christopher Barber
Attorney and Counselor at Law
"Serving the needs of Senior Texans"
Barber Law Firm
10827 Tower Bridge St.
Houston, Texas 77075-5032
281-464-LAWS (5297)
CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
www.TexasAttorney.net <http://www.texasattorney.net/>
Texas <http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001>
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Jorge Bujanda
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:10 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door lock
Thanks Ron
Ron Brown wrote:
> Sorry, Jorge. I just went through my manual and I cannot find the
> mod. And I can't find it in the online manuals.
>
> Perhaps someone else has a copy of it?
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jorge Bujanda"
> <jbujanda at dslextreme.com>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:23 PM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door lock
>
>
>> Now it makes sense. Could any of you send me a copy of that
>> modification?
>> Please contact me via email off the Reflector. Thanks.
>> Jorge
>>
>>
>> Ron Brown wrote:
>>
>>> There is a way to do away with the pin that sticks through the
>>> outside of the door.
>>>
>>> There was an addendum in my 1999 plans that shows how to do it. It
>>> requires a modification to the door locking (not key lock)
>>> mechanism. In essence, the key lock lifts the vertical lock from
>>> outside.
>>>
>>> John, it sounds like yours was modified but the lift lever that
>>> sticks through the door was not cut off (the builder might have been
>>> nervous about depending on the key lock doing the job every time -
>>> since this is the ONLY way in with out doing some damage to the door).
>>>
>>> Ronnie
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jorge Bujanda"
>>> <jbujanda at dslextreme.com>
>>> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>> Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:18 PM
>>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door lock
>>>
>>>
>>>> From your statement, it is not clear to me whether you would remove
>>>> the pin or the lock. If you remove the pin, you would not be able
>>>> to open your door from the outside and if you remove the lock, you
>>>> would not be able to lock your ship.
>>>> Jorge
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> John Dibble wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> My pilot door has a pin attached perpendicular to the secondary
>>>>> lock pin
>>>>> and this perpendicular pin sticks out through the door. I can use
>>>>> this
>>>>> pin to lift the lock pin and open the door. This defeats the lock
>>>>> and I
>>>>> am considering removing it. Does anyone else have this perpendicular
>>>>> pin?
>>>>>
>>>>> John
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> To change your email address, visit
>>>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>>
>>>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>> Check old archives:
>>>>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> To change your email address, visit
>>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>
>>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>> Check old archives:
>>>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit
>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list