REFLECTOR: Door lock

Joe Ewen jewen at comporium.net
Wed Feb 22 19:47:34 CST 2006


Using a key to relaese the latch sounds like a nice idea during normal 
operations; however, when working on my doors I decided to use the same 
external unlatching mechanism on the copilot side side as well as the pilot 
side.  The concern I had was: if a crash left occupants incapacitated and 
the pilot door was blocked, rescuers could not open the copilots door.  Hope 
the situation never occurs.
Joe


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door lock


> Actually, I can open the door from the outside without using the pin.  I 
> can use the
> key.  It raises the pin and I can open the door.  Is this the way it is 
> supposed to be?
>
> John
>
> Jorge Bujanda wrote:
>
>>  From your statement, it is not clear to me whether you would remove the
>> pin or the lock.  If you remove the pin, you would not be able to open
>> your door from the outside and if you remove the lock, you would not be
>> able to lock your ship.
>> Jorge
>>
>> John Dibble wrote:
>>
>> >My pilot door has a pin attached perpendicular to the secondary lock pin
>> >and this perpendicular pin sticks out through the door.  I can use this
>> >pin to lift the lock pin and open the door.  This defeats the lock and I
>> >am considering removing it.  Does anyone else have this perpendicular
>> >pin?
>> >
>> >John
>> >
>> >_______________________________________________
>> >To change your email address, visit 
>> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> >
>> >Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 




More information about the Reflector mailing list