REFLECTOR: Re: Cabin Heat

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 17 12:32:26 CST 2006


I blocked off 90% of the out flow from my front naca oil cooler and
taped off 80% of the intake to get max heat into my cabin.  I foam
blocked off my firewall oil cooler.  My interior temps are comfortable
after 15 minutes in the air but my engine oil temps still never top 175
degrees winter.  I originally taped off most of the naca inlet but found
the exit sucked the heat out of the cabin from my foot ducts.  I use a
foam block four inches thick compressed to about 1.5 inches and it never
moves.  I also bought a 12 volt electric blanket for my rear passengers
that they love.  If it gets too hot I open my cool air overheads to let
in cold air.  Works well down to 20 F.  We don't get much colder in
Louisiana except with serious altitude.

Rene'

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Dr. Golf
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 9:14 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Re: Cabin Heat

Because of the very  large overhead scoops, I have a
problem getting the engine oil up to 80 degrees so it
will flow to the oil cooler in the nose. I
disconnected the rear oil cooler which improved the
situation in warmer weather but in the winter, I have
to run the engine at 24 x 24 to get some heat. Is
there an electric heater that really works?
 Any suggestions other than blocking the large
overhead scoops?
Joel Leon

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list