REFLECTOR: Cell Phone Weather

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 12:05:34 CST 2006


I have been using MYCast for a good year now and I have found it great.  I called Verizon on it and they gave me a discount to make it $100 for the year.  The normal price through Pilot MyCast is $100 for the year, so Verizon matched it.  It is real time and I find it the most helpful weather info so far.  That is outside the XW satellite service.
Dave

-------------- Original message -------------- 
From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> 

> 
> I finally entered the 12st century and bought a web enabled phone, the 
> RAZr V3c 
> 
> I first tried WxServer, its $5 a month but requires me to enable a data 
> service on the phone for an additional $5 so the total was $10. I had 
> all kinds of problems which they blamed on the newness of the RAZr(over 
> one year old), then blamed on Verizon. Its a one dog and pony show so 
> its probably hard for him to keep up. 
> 
> I then tried a free trial of Pilot Mycast, which Verizon offers on what 
> they call VCast for $10 a month, no data service needed. It worked out 
> of the box and offered much more in the way of maps than WxServer. I 
> subscribed the Pilot MyCast. 
> 
> I've used it at every airport I've been at, no problems and in the air. 
> In the air is problematic in the mountain west. I'd say I can get on 75% 
> of the time when far from anywhere at altitude. Its probably phone 
> related and if I had an external antenna might work even better. Its a 
> great tool for pre-flighting on the ramp. 
> 
> Scott 
> 
> > 
> > 
> _______________________________________________ 
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
> 
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery 
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060216/fd11dd0e/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list