REFLECTOR: Using 28 volt Alternator on 14 volt system

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Feb 15 10:42:22 CST 2006


Been that and done there.

Bob said I would only get 50% to 75% output from the alternator.   I 
asked how to convert it and got no response from two separate requests 
for info.

Scott

Alex Balic wrote:
> Check out the aeroelectric connection- bob Nucholls will be able to answer
> that for sure.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Scott Derrick
> Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:21 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Using 28 volt Alternator on 14 volt system
>
> I have a 28 volt alternator made for my TSIO520.  75 Amp,  external 
> regulator type.
>
> I have been told it will work fine.
>
> I have been told it will only put out half its rated power.
>
> I have been told it won't work at all.
>
>
> Anybody know what the truth is?  Also if I desired to internally convert 
> it to 14 volt operation, what would be required?
>
> Scott
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>   


More information about the Reflector mailing list