REFLECTOR: Aileron trim

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 7 16:13:21 CST 2006


Most folks have said it aileron trim is of little use on the Velocity.  I use it occasionally, but I wouldn't say it is required.  My Cessna 172 didn't have it (nor rudder trim).  There was a trim tab on the rudder that could be adjusted on the ground to get it pretty close at cruise speed.  You could do something like that on the V if it got to be annoying.  But, I don't think it will be a big issue not to have the aileron trim system.

Ronnie
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Hiroo Umeno 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:41 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron trim


  Hello folks

   

  Recently, there was a post on the subject of aileron trim.

   

  My kit did not come with aileron trim.  I am guessing it is because mine is with the yoke system rather than the traditional center stick arrangement.  Is aileron trim needed?  For those flying the Velocity, do you use it often?

   

  Hiroo



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060207/fb0c3b18/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list