REFLECTOR: aileron trim cannot move the cable?

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 6 14:45:50 CST 2006


Actually, it may not move the aileron cables.  It just adds some bias toward 
the right or left as you run the trim.

Just make sure your aileron cable are free - Brendon suggested leaving the 
dust boots off the cabin end of the push pull cables.  Also, make sure that 
the clamp is holding the outer jacket straight with the cable.  It will 
loosen some as you begin flying.

I have 200 hours on my V and the aileron trim may or may not move the 
ailerons, but it works when I am flying.  I can tell a difference when I 
have someone in the right seat, and  I can trim the ailerons to compensate 
for him/her.

Another instance of folks not always happy with what the factory supplies - 
but like most of the other factory supplied systems, it actually works.

Ronnie

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "steve korney" <s_korney at hotmail.com>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 3:18 PM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: aileron trim cannot move the cable?


>
> That's all part of building.....  One step forward-->  <----------two 
> steps back...
>
> Best... Steve
>
>
>
> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: "Grigore Rosu" <grosu at cs.uiuc.edu>
> Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: aileron trim cannot move the cable?
> Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:54:01 -0600
>
> I have just put the control system of my SEFG together and, after spending
> about half a day trying to tune the aileron trim I decided to give up and
> send this message, hoping that some of you may have had a similar problem.
>
> The problem is the following.  I installed the bellcrank and the two 
> aileron
> cables in the fin part of the keel (which is not connected yet with the
> front part of the keel, it is just sitting on my garage floor).  Now if I
> move the bellcrank with my hand, I can move both cables, though I need to
> put a bit of pressure.  I have also installed the aileron trim and the
> thread with the two springs connected to the bellcrank, but, 
> unfortunately,
> the springs are not strong enough to move the two aileron cables.  Tried a
> different positioning of the springs (drilled two holes closer to the tip 
> of
> the bellcrank) and is still not moving the cables.  Tried different 
> tensions
> on the springs by modifying the length of the thread, but still no 
> success.
> The thread is NOT slipping on the trim motor shaft;  it just rolls the
> thread until the spring touches the motor shaft or the pulley, but it is 
> not
> able to move the aileron cables.
>
> The only thing I can think of now is that, perhaps, it is NOT supposed to 
> be
> able to move the aileron cables at this stage, but only later, after these
> are installed (though I cannot see how being installed on the ailerons can
> make their movement easier).
>
>
> Please help a lost soul, who lost 6 hours on trimming the trim.
>
> Thanks,
> Grigore
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list