REFLECTOR: countersinking

John Tvedte JohnT at comp-sol.com
Sun Feb 5 09:47:29 CST 2006


Grigore,
 
I've found that the full foot for me gets in the way more of the time than not.  I've gotten good use out of mine, but would look for one with a half foot such that it might get into tighter spots more easily.  There have been times that I would have liked to use the tool - but found that going slower and checking depth manually took less overall time and resulted in a countersink that was more square to the surface than what would result by using this tool - why?  well sometimes the foot is in the way, and to use it would require tilting the tool....YMMV.
 
John

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Grigore Rosu 
	Sent: Sun 2/5/2006 8:45 AM 
	To: reflector at tvbf.org 
	Cc: 
	Subject: REFLECTOR: countersinking
	
	

	Hi,
	
	I'd like to get a countersink and just noticed the note in the
	Velocity manual that aviation countersinks must be 100 degrees, unlike
	non-aviation ones which can be anywhere between 60 and 120 degrees.
	
	Found one at aircraft spruce,
	http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/microstopcountersink.php,
	but it seems a bit expensive ($40).  Does anybody have any suggestion for
	beginners?  I don't mind buying the one from aircraft spruce if it is
	really good and indispensible.
	
	Thanks,
	Grigore
	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
	

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 4762 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060205/afa3750e/attachment.bin


More information about the Reflector mailing list