REFLECTOR: FRANKLIN CARBURETOR

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:51:46 CST 2006


Sounds like a clogged main jet...

Best... Steve



----Original Message Follows----
From: "Larry Parham" <larry062851 at hotmail.com>
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: FRANKLIN CARBURETOR
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:33:36 -0600

Surging is only part of the problem.  I did fix most of it with a manafold 
inlet gasket.  The other problem is Not Enough RPM.  The last one inch of 
throttle does not deliver any more RPM.  In fact it may even go down a 
little.  I only get around 2200 and doing a mag check at 1700, it would drop 
to 1200 and slowly build up to 1700 (10 sec) on both L and R.  An hour 
earlier I got 2330 with a good mag check on R and L and could lean to 2380.  
Carb heat and Idle cut off seem to good.


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list