REFLECTOR: FRANKLIN CARBURETOR

Larry Parham larry062851 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:24:56 CST 2006


1---Replaced the inlet manifold gaskets on one side.There was a leak on one side.
2---Tightened ALL induction bolts. (Intake system is tight)
3---Removed the primer line to the manifold and pluged.
4---Yes I have the new vane style fuel pump installed.
5---Pressure at carb is 5 lbs. and I have 30 gph at the inlet of the carb with the electric fuel pump on.
6---Installed a fuel pressure regulator and then removed after it did not help.
7---Sent the carb in to be rebuilt. Screen only for airbox.
8---Timing has been set along with the mags(slick)plugs ok

When I bought the plane it had a IVO on it and I sold it and installed a Catto Prop.  Some (lately) have said this is not a good mix because of the cam. They say you may not develope enough HP.  Any truth to that?  
10-4865 is the Franklin Part Number for the Carb
10-5043 is what is installed on this plane
What is the difference?   THANKS FOR ANY HELP
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060202/978ceac7/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list