REFLECTOR: FRANKLIN CARBURETOR

michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Feb 2 09:10:04 CST 2006


What of everything have you tried?

Is your intake system airtight?  Are all the bolts tight?
Are you using the new vane style fuel pump?  Is your pressure good and 
steady?  Do you have any bubbles in the fuel line?

Larry Parham wrote:
> I am still fighting carb probems...  On my Velocity/Franklin (non 
> builder) I have found that the carb installed is a MA-5 10-5043 (20902) 
> and the SERVICE MANUAL says that you are to use  a MA-5 10-4865 20671).  
> I would like to know if these carbs are compatable.  My symptoms are 
> random RPM hunting at all RPMs.  I have done everything to attempt to 
> repair this problem.  Maybe the original builder installed the wrong 
> carb?????    thanks  larry
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list