No subject


Sun Dec 17 12:52:53 CST 2006


in view of all =20

occupants.

 PASSENGERR WARNING-THIS AIRCRRAFT IS AMATER-BUILT

AND AND DOES NOT  COMPLY=20

WITH FEDERAL SAFTY REGULATIONS FOR STANDARD

AIRCCRAFT.

  So what do the regulations say?

 FAR 23.729 (f) Landing gear warning.the following

aural or equally =20

effective landing gear must be provided

(1) A device that functions continuously when one or

more throttles are =20

closed beyond the power settings normally used for

landing approach if the gear =20

is not fully extended and locked etc. etc.

I think that 95 % of al RG builders have installed

this system

Regards

Mack Murphree  EAA Technical Counselor

   =20









=20

_________________________________________________________________________=
___

________

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate=20

in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=3Dlist
<http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=3Dlist&sid=3D396545367> =
&sid=3D396545367

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit

http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw =3D tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw =3D tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html







 =20


--=20



-



    I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though =
she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that =
10
or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you
when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'



    Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation=20


------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C737DD.A3A99AD0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.5730.11" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D137471118-14012007><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>With=20
"They do not meet my standards" on them???</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader lang=3Den-us dir=3Dltr =
align=3Dleft><FONT=20
  face=3DTahoma size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] <B>On =
Behalf Of=20
  </B>Scott Derrick<BR><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:27=20
  AM<BR><B>To:</B> Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders =
list<BR><B>Subject:</B>=20
  Re: REFLECTOR: Gear-up landing<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>You can get them =
from=20
  AS...&nbsp; Preprinted on a aluminum placard.<BR><BR>Andy Millin =
wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmid000101c737f7$bc0432b0$3151d045 at tyrone =
type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Pat,

Is your passenger warning copyrighted?  Could I get a license to use it =
as
well?  :)

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org">reflector-bounces at tvbf.org</A>=
 [<A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org">mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.=
org</A>] On
Behalf Of Pat Shea
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 2:21 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gear-up landing


Mack,

"I read here on the reflector someone said that he
did not think that a warning horn should be installed"

Yikes! What I said was that I chose not to install one
and gave my reasoning for it. I did not say one should
not be installed.

Mack, you draw some funny lines on which regulations
you choose to comply with. I don't agree with many
things the FAA has decided will keep us safe. This is
just one item on a long list. I have other things that
do NOT  COMPLY WITH FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR
STANDARD AIRCRAFT like my non-certified panel mounted
EFIS, my 340HP engine, my airframe. Don't get me
started...

My placard reads:

"PASSENGER WARNING-THIS AIRCRAFT IS AMATEUR-BUILT AND
AND DOES NOT COMPLY WITH FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS
FOR STANDARD AIRCRAFT. THEY DO NOT MEET MY STANDARDS."

Btw, my responses on this e-mail thread are a sure
kiss of death on me having a gear up landing.

Pat


--- <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:MMurp16900 at aol.com">MMurp16900 at aol.com</A> wrote:

  </PRE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Hi  Pat
Subject landing gear warning.
I read here on the reflector someone said that he
did not think that a
warning horn should be installed.


More information about the Reflector mailing list