REFLECTOR: Fuel resistant adhesive, homemade sniffle valve

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Sun Dec 24 20:14:22 CST 2006


Keith,

I'll try to get some photos together (and part numbers) to show you soon.

Dave


Keith Hallsten wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Could you be a bit more specific on what fittings you are using for the
> sniffle valve?  I need to come up with something for my IO-540.
>
> Keith Hallsten
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Dave Philipsen
> Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 2:24 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel resistant adhesive, homemade sniffle valve
>
> Good point.  Maybe I'm being too particular about it.  The leak is very 
> minimal.
>
>
> Sid Knox wrote:
>   
>> Hi Dave,
>> If it is leaking "just a little bit", I would ignore it.  I tiny air leak
>>     
> at 
>   
>> that point is equivalent to blowing thru a straw compared to a hurricane. 
>> To put it in perspective, think about the amount of air being sucked in by
>>     
>
>   
>> the 360 cu in (or more) cylinders about 20 times each second.  (360 x 20 =
>>     
>
>   
>> 7200 cu in  compared to a "just a little bit".   My opinion only.
>>
>> Sid Knox
>> Oklahoma
>>
>> Velocity  173 RG  N199RS
>> Starduster  N666SK
>> KR2         N24TC
>> W7QJQ
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "Dave Philipsen" <velocity at davebiz.com>
>> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>> Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 11:40 AM
>> Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel resistant adhesive
>>
>>
>>   
>>     
>>> I am fashioning a homemade sniffle valve and would like some advice.
>>> The valve is pretty simple consisting of a small nylon piece that fits
>>> inside a couple of brass fittings.  I've got it sealing pretty well when
>>> there's suction from the engine.  The nylon part seats against the brass
>>> but it still leaks just a little bit.  What I'd like to do is attach a
>>> small piece of silicone rubber to the nylon.  Hopefully, the softer
>>> rubber will seal better against the brass.  Does anyone know of an
>>> adhesive that should remain unaffected by 100LL?
>>>
>>>     
>>>       
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>>     
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>   
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>   
>>     
>
>   

-- 
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG
N83DP




More information about the Reflector mailing list