REFLECTOR: Fuel resistant adhesive

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 22 13:30:33 CST 2006


Jeffco epoxy 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Philipsen
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 12:41 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel resistant adhesive

I am fashioning a homemade sniffle valve and would like some advice.  
The valve is pretty simple consisting of a small nylon piece that fits
inside a couple of brass fittings.  I've got it sealing pretty well when
there's suction from the engine.  The nylon part seats against the brass but
it still leaks just a little bit.  What I'd like to do is attach a small
piece of silicone rubber to the nylon.  Hopefully, the softer rubber will
seal better against the brass.  Does anyone know of an adhesive that should
remain unaffected by 100LL?

--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG
N83DP


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list