REFLECTOR: XP-400

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Wed Dec 20 21:26:42 CST 2006


Hey John,

I thought about asking, but I was going to wait a little bit before asking.

Richard

John Tvedte wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I wonder if they have a 'core' that you could use to continue your project forward.  I've see Conti do that with their FADEC engines - 
>
> Might be worth asking....
>
> John
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Richard J. Gentil
> Sent: Wed 12/20/2006 9:07 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: XP-400
>  
> I had bad news Monday evening. I had a call from Superior, the engine is 
> now delayed an additional 6 months.
>
> The problem is with the sump. It is an issue which involves a part 
> failing to do it's job during an event like multiple backfires of the 
> engine. This is a major redesign and is going to effect their 200hp and 
> 180hp XP engines too. Right now the XP400SRE is on it's way back from 
> Germany to Dallas for the redesign.
>
> I was ready to hang the engine, firewall was complete and ready to go, 
> so I guess I will keep working on other areas till the engine is ready. 
> (There is always something to do on a project.)
>
> Richard
>
> Richard J. Gentil wrote:
>   
>> Well the build date came and went for my engine. It looks like Superior 
>> is having some delays on the XP-400SRE. When I spoke to them, they said 
>> it is now looking like the end of January (I hope he was talking '07 and 
>> not '08 or '09) before it will be ready. The two department heads for 
>> the construction of the XP-400 are currently in Germany and when they 
>> return, Superior hopes to have a better idea of when they will start 
>> shipping the engines.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> P.S. I have not finished the firewall anyway, so no real hurry on the 
>> engine. ;-)
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw >> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>   
>>     
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>   
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.15.26/594 - Release Date: 12/20/2006 3:54 PM
>   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061220/0780c923/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list