REFLECTOR: Running LOP

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Wed Dec 13 16:47:31 CST 2006


Even with my limited experience I agree completely with Scott. When your 
read the Deakin articles, you'll become a believer.  I have *all* of his 
articles archived on my computer.



Scott Derrick wrote:
> I'm a huge fan of LOP operations.
>
> I would never recommend it unless you were running some type of engine
> monitor that included all cylinder EGT/CHT readouts.
>
> A simple rule of thumb is:
>
> Once you have that set up, the minumum is 50 degrees LOP. And remember
> thats the last cylinder to reach 50 LOP, not the first.  You want every
> cylinder 50 LOP or more.  Some may be as high as 100 LOP.
>
> As long as its running smooth at 50 LOP you can then lean even more to
> what ever you need.  Maximum power at will be 50 LOP.
>
> I would recommend reading John deacon's articles about running LOP for a
> detailed explanation of how and why.
>
> http://www.avweb.com/news/pelican/182544-1.html
>
> Scott
>
>   

-- 
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG
N83DP




More information about the Reflector mailing list