REFLECTOR: tach
Brian Michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Sat Dec 9 09:31:17 CST 2006
Three pulses per revolution.
I don't know anything about the lightspeed, other than it looks like
capacitive discharge rather than inductive. In that case I would
suspect three pulses per revolution as well.
If inductive it's possible to use a wasted spark configuration. You
would still have three triggers per rev, but six sparks per rev.
John Tvedte wrote:
> Say - anyone know how many pulses per revolution I should get from a magneto on an IO-540? (For the tach)
>
> I was thinking I could use a DPDT switch with a GRT EIS and toggle between EI and mag, but have conflicting info. In my case, I'm using a lightspeed III for the EI which provides 3 pulses per revolution.
>
> The GRT has to be setup with a specific P/R # - so if the EI and mag are differnt - I likely will use just the EI tach output.
>
> John
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list