No subject


Thu Aug 17 21:46:36 CDT 2006


Solenoid valve P/N 05-29823
elbows AN822-2D
tee AN826-2D
nipple AN816-2D
nuts AN818-2D
sleeve AN819-2D
1/8" aluminum tubing
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Hiroo Umeno
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 11:21 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin


  Steven did warn me about the induction fire danger with pumping the 
throttle.  He told me that I can pump exactly once.

  It seems to me that a primer is a virtual necessity with one of these 
engines.  Does anyone have a part list for the setup?  I'd like to order the 
parts and get started on it next time when I head out to the hangar.  I 
imagine it is a fairly simple setup.

  Hiroo



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On 
Behalf Of MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com
  Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 12:21 PM
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Franklin


  Hiroo,

  What ever you do, please do not pump the throttle to
  start the engine. Both Denis and I had fires while trying
  to start our engines at F. 40

  I was lucky, no damage. Denis Miller cowls and firewall were
  burnt very badly. After that incident, we installed the
  fuel injector rails with a solenoid. Now our procedure
  for starting is the same as Larry stated. Follow Larry's
  suggestions and you will be OK.

  The Franklin is a great engine, it takes a lot of abuse,
  Idles like a dragster and runs as smooth as silk between
  2500 and 2700 RPM. Mine has given me excellent service
  for nine years now.

  Mike W.
  SERG Franklin/IVO Electric CS



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 

------=_NextPart_000_0087_01C6D0D8.A06191A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2963" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hiroo,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Here's how I did it.&nbsp; I made my primer =
injectors form two=20
AN822-2D elbows that are screwed into the bottom center primer port on =
each=20
manifold.&nbsp; The original Franklin primer manifold injects fuel at =
three=20
points in each manifold. The threads on the manifold plug are straight =
and not=20
pipe.&nbsp; You can convert them to pipe by running a pipe tap in a few =
turns=20
because the thread pitch and diameter are a match.&nbsp; I made a spray =
nozzle=20
by tapping the inside of the AN822-2D for a short brass screw and =
drilling it=20
lengthwise with a #60 drill.&nbsp; I used #2 Permatex on the threads so =
it=20
couldn't vibrate loose.&nbsp; You need to tee into your fuel system on =
the=20
pressure side of your electric fuel pump.&nbsp; This goes to a solenoid =
valve=20
which is in turn plumbed to the injectors.&nbsp; You will need wire and =
a push=20
button switch to operate the solenoid valve.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>From Aircraft Spruce</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Solenoid valve P/N 05-29823</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>elbows AN822-2D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>tee AN826-2D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>nipple AN816-2D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>nuts AN818-2D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>sleeve AN819-2D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>1/8" aluminum tubing</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dhumeno at microsoft.com =
href=3D"mailto:humeno at microsoft.com">Hiroo=20
  Umeno</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector at tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector at tvbf.org">Velocity Aircraft Owners and =
Builders=20
  list</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, September 04, =
2006 11:21=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR: =
Franklin</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D318291904-05092006><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
  color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Steven did warn me about the induction fire =
danger with=20
  pumping the throttle.&nbsp; He told me that I can pump exactly=20
  once.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D318291904-05092006><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
  color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D318291904-05092006><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
  color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>It seems to me that a primer is a virtual =
necessity with=20
  one of these engines.&nbsp; Does anyone have a part list for the =
setup?&nbsp;=20
  I'd like to order the parts and get started on it next time when I =
head out to=20
  the hangar.&nbsp; I imagine it is a fairly simple =
setup.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D318291904-05092006><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
  color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><SPAN class=3D318291904-05092006><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
  color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Hiroo</FONT></SPAN></DIV><BR>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader lang=3Den-us dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft>
  <HR tabIndex=3D-1>
  <FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2><B>From:</B> reflector-bounces at tvbf.org=20
  [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] <B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, September 04, 2006 =
12:21=20
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector at tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:=20
  Franklin<BR></FONT><BR></DIV>
  <DIV></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial =
size=3D2=20
  PTSIZE=3D"10" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">Hiroo,<BR><BR>What ever you do, =
please do not=20
  pump the throttle to <BR>start the engine. Both Denis and I had fires =
while=20
  trying<BR>to start our engines at F. 40 <BR><BR>I was lucky, no =
damage. Denis=20
  Miller cowls and firewall were<BR>burnt very badly. After that =
incident, we=20
  installed the <BR>fuel injector rails with a solenoid. Now our =
procedure=20
  <BR>for starting is the same as Larry stated. Follow =
Larry's<BR>suggestions=20
  and you will be OK.<BR><BR>The Franklin is a great engine, it takes a =
lot of=20
  abuse,<BR>Idles like a dragster and runs as smooth as silk =
between<BR>2500 and=20
  2700 RPM. Mine has given me excellent service<BR>for nine years now.=20
  <BR><BR>Mike W.<BR>SERG Franklin/IVO Electric CS<BR></FONT></FONT>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P>_______________________________________________<BR>To change =
your email=20
  address, visit =
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector<BR><BR>Visit the=20
  gallery!&nbsp; www.tvbf.org/gallery<BR>user:pw =3D =
tvbf:jamaicangoose<BR>Check=20
  new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<BR>Check old archives:=20
  =
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></=
HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0087_01C6D0D8.A06191A0--



More information about the Reflector mailing list