REFLECTOR: Nomex/Stainless

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Aug 30 12:32:54 CDT 2006


Agreed.

I think a person would be better off buying both components separately.
The problem is that I haven't found sheets of nomex or fiberfrax 
materials that look like they would be compatible with a firewall.

But, that's all behind me now.  I used the provided material, and have 
no plans to swap it out.  It's functional, just not pretty.

NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote:
> Well I have to say I am very dissapointed. I just pulled the 
> stainless/nomex out of the factory box and it looks terrible!  It is all 
> wrinkled up and delaminating from the nomex. There is no way I'd put 
> that on my firewall. It has been in the box, protected and sitting 
> behind a cabinet since it came from the factory, so it was Well protected.
>  
> Guess I'll look for some thicker stainless here in town, and find some 
> fiberfrax or other heat insulator and start from scratch.
>  
> Kind a=of a bummer, this stuff wasnt cheap either!
>  
> Kurt Winker
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list